Artist not shown
Vladimir Todorov
2011-07-22 19:46:08 UTC
Hi guys,

I have some problems with cmus since I have reinstalled my debian. I tried
to build it from all of the repos and also I tried the older versions from
the site but none of them is showing the Artist (from the ID3 tag). When I
load my mp3s and go to Artist / Album View (#1) I see all albums under <No
Name> without sorting on Artist. The Artist is not shown in library view
(#2) too.

Artist / Album View (#1):

<No Name>
<No Name>
Vladimir Todorov
2011-07-22 20:05:25 UTC
Yes, I tried that too several times. I deleted everything from ~/.cmus/ and
cleared the library. After that I tried to load several mp3s but the Artist
is missing again.
I've had some weird issues with ID3 tags not showing up. Have you tried
removing and re-adding the music from cmus's library? That seems to usually
fix it for me.
<No Name>
Gregory Petrosyan
2011-07-22 22:26:32 UTC
checking for MAD_LIBS (pkg-config)... no
checking for MAD_LIBS (-lmad -lm)... no
checking for FFMPEG_LIBS (pkg-config)... -lavformat
checking for FFMPEG_CFLAGS (pkg-config)...
checking for header <libavcodec/avcodec.h>... yes
Most likely the problem is that your cmus does not have MAD input
plugin (native one for mp3s), but does have FFMPEG fallback one (you
can check it with cmus --plugins), which I assume does not support
proper ID3 tag parsing. Please try installing libmad-dev (or maybe
libmad0-dev or something like that), reconfiguring and rebuilding
cmus.

                Gregory