unknown
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Hello to all @ cmus-devel

my apologies if this is incorrect posting, but I need some insight from
hopefully some developers, or at least some expert familiars :-)
I am just a cmus user and fan with growing ambitions.

I'm using cmus with an ALSA setup.

Leaving dsp.alsa.device=default (default setup when installed) sound
is produced out of the speakers and it all works sweet.

in cmus i enter, set: dsp.alsa.device=iced_play

but when i try play a track, I get an assertion error and cmus crashes
out with:

cmus: pcm_params.c:2360: _snd_pcm_hw_params_internal: Assertion err >=
0 failed.

I cant find any info on the web about it.

Mplayer is totally fine with my current ALSA set up in the .asoundrc
(see extract below)

What I am doing is using a custom PCM device of the type file plugin,
to send to a named pipe, which transfers on to other things.

pcm.iced_raw {
type file
file "/var/run/icedpipe"
slave.pcm null
format raw
}
pcm.iced_play {
type plug
slave {
pcm "iced_raw"
rate 48000
format s16_le
channels 2
}
}

As I say, Mplayer (and others) are fine.

If any one can suggest a robust set of ALSA set: statements then that
would be very much appreciated.

Regards and thank you
Habs
--
Handle every Stressful situation like a dog: if you can't eat it or
play with it, pee on it and walk away.