Feature request, play directory
Storm Dragon
2012-04-05 04:18:41 UTC
I would like to be able to play an entire album at once, and I have my
Albums in sub directories under artist names. So, for example, I have
DragonForce/Ultra Beatdown. Would it be possible to make it so that in
view 5 if I put the cursor on Ultra Beatdown and press x that it would
search through Ultra Beatdown/ and play any music file it finds? Or is
there already a way to do what I am asking for?
Thanks
Storm
--
Vinux Publicity Coordinator: http://www.vinuxproject.org/
Registered Linux user number 508465: https://linuxcounter.net/user/508465.html
Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
Jason Woofenden
2012-04-05 05:11:54 UTC
Hi Storm,

I don't think cmus has a mode where it will chose it's next song
from the file view, so I think your best bet is to queue up the
whole album.

I just tested, and the "e" key (mound to queue the selection) works
on directories in the file view. (Very cool whoever implemented
that.)

Then if you want it to start immediately, you can press "b" to go
to the next track (which will be pulled from the queue.)

You can use shift-e ("E") to add the album to the start of the
queue instead of the end.

Oh, and while I'm being verbose, once I tried hitting "eb" really
fast, and got a track from my library before the album started. It
seems that adding tracks from a directory runs in the background
(which makes sense, because some directories have a lot of files.)
You'll get the feel for what fraction of a second you have to wait
between those two keys :)

- Jason