hide elapsed time
Franco
2012-11-17 05:32:30 UTC
Good day cmus devels,
I would like to ask wheter (and how) is is possible to /not/ show elapsed
track time in cmus' status bar (left hand side).
I ask this because I use cmus inside tmux, and that timer triggers tmux
activity monitor when cmus is running in a non active window.
Thanks in advance

-F
Gregory Petrosyan
2012-11-17 07:26:28 UTC
Post by Franco
I would like to ask wheter (and how) is is possible to /not/ show elapsed
track time in cmus' status bar (left hand side).
I ask this because I use cmus inside tmux, and that timer triggers tmux
activity monitor when cmus is running in a non active window.
Unfortunately, no — status line format is more or less hardcoded in
do_update_statusline() from ui_curses.c right now. That said, it
definitely can be done — with a new option like
“show_current_bitrate”. As it does not look like too hard of a task,
I'll try to look into it this weekend.

Gregory
Gregory Petrosyan
2012-11-18 13:58:16 UTC
On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 11:26 AM, Gregory Petrosyan
Post by Gregory Petrosyan
Post by Franco
I would like to ask wheter (and how) is is possible to /not/ show elapsed
track time in cmus' status bar (left hand side).
I ask this because I use cmus inside tmux, and that timer triggers tmux
activity monitor when cmus is running in a non active window.
Unfortunately, no — status line format is more or less hardcoded in
do_update_statusline() from ui_curses.c right now. That said, it
definitely can be done — with a new option like
“show_current_bitrate”. As it does not look like too hard of a task,
I'll try to look into it this weekend.
Done! Please check out the master branch, and disable show_playback_position.

Gregory
Franco