Shuffle Only Randomizes When CMus Starts
Bryce Guinta
2012-10-19 23:53:32 UTC
If I pick any song in either the library or playlist view, turn on
shuffle mode, and then skip to the next song and then again pick the
same first song and skip to the next song yet again, the second song
will always be the same. This is a problem for relatively short
playlists in that the playlist will repeat in the same exact order over
and over, effectively eliminating a shuffle effect unless CMus is
restarted. Is there any way you could seed rand when a) a person
manually picks a new song or b) when the playlist ends and repeats?
Gregory Petrosyan
2012-10-20 10:37:37 UTC
Post by Bryce Guinta
If I pick any song in either the library or playlist view, turn on
shuffle mode, and then skip to the next song and then again pick the
same first song and skip to the next song yet again, the second song
will always be the same. This is a problem for relatively short
playlists in that the playlist will repeat in the same exact order over
and over, effectively eliminating a shuffle effect unless CMus is
restarted. Is there any way you could seed rand when a) a person
manually picks a new song or b) when the playlist ends and repeats?
Please have a look at the man page for cmus — auto_reshuffle
configuration option and :shuffle command is all you need to fix this
issue.

Gregory