no FLAC
academic network
2011-03-13 06:01:38 UTC
here s some more info:
thank you for your replies!

i m using cmus v2.3.4

cmus --plugins returns the following:

Input Plugins: /usr/local/lib/cmus/ip
mad:
File Types: mp3 mp2
MIME Types: audio/mpeg audio/x-mp3 audio/x-mpeg
flac:
File Types: flac fla
MIME Types:
wav:
File Types: wav
MIME Types:
vorbis:
File Types: ogg
MIME Types: application/ogg audio/x-ogg
ffmpeg:
File Types: ape wma
MIME Types:

Output Plugins: /usr/local/lib/cmus/op
alsa
oss

oss is my output plugin and i can t toggle to alsa with TAB. seems like i got to get that working. or else install the git.

i ve compiled cmus (no install manager). prior to installing the new version, can i remove the obvious files (cmus directory and /bin/cmus*) or will that break sth? ?

greetings
ps
Johannes Weißl
2011-03-13 15:56:14 UTC
Post by academic network
Output Plugins: /usr/local/lib/cmus/op
alsa
oss
oss is my output plugin and i can t toggle to alsa with TAB. seems
like i got to get that working. or else install the git.
You can't switch between different options with tab, just write
:set output_plugin=alsa

You might want to install the pulse audio dev package (libpulse-devel or
pulseaudio-devel in suse), recompile and use this plugin:
:set output_plugin=pulse
Post by academic network
i ve compiled cmus (no install manager). prior to installing the new
version, can i remove the obvious files (cmus directory and
/bin/cmus*) or will that break sth? ?
You don't need to remove the installed files from /usr/local, installing
again will just overwrite all installed files. You can remove the suse
package in /usr (if you have installed it) through your package manager.

Since you are already compiling your own cmus, you can also help to test
cmus (and have the latest features / bug fixes) using the git pu-branch:
http://cmus.sourceforge.net/#download (Bleeding Edge)

Johannes