Error when compiling latest from git
Storm Dragon
2012-06-16 02:11:04 UTC
I am running Ubuntu 10.04. when I do ./configure I get:
ape.o: In function `ape_parse_one':
/home/stormdragon/cmus/ape.c:167: undefined reference to `xstrndup'
browser.o: In function `browser_up':
/home/stormdragon/cmus/browser.c:327: undefined reference to `xstrndup'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [cmus] Error 1
Am I missing a package or something?
Thanks for the help
Storm
--
Vinux Publicity Coordinator: http://www.vinuxproject.org/
Registered Linux user number 508465: https://linuxcounter.net/user/508465.html

"I don't wanna face my fears! I'm afraid of 'em!"
SpongeBob SquarePants
Gregory Petrosyan
2012-06-16 07:48:26 UTC
Post by Storm Dragon
/home/stormdragon/cmus/ape.c:167: undefined reference to `xstrndup'
/home/stormdragon/cmus/browser.c:327: undefined reference to `xstrndup'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [cmus] Error 1
Am I missing a package or something?
I don't understand how this errors can happen (besides modified source
tree) — xstrndup() is declared in xmalloc.h and defined in xmalloc.c;
xmalloc.h is included by ape.c etc.

Can you try removing you cmus source, and getting the latest one from again?

       Gregory
Philipp Hartwig
2012-10-04 17:16:35 UTC
Post by Storm Dragon
/home/stormdragon/cmus/ape.c:167: undefined reference to `xstrndup'
I just got the same error, and it was resolved by a simple
$ make clean

Regards,
Philipp