starting cmus using script ?
wally
2012-11-17 16:00:09 UTC

i want to use cmus as radioplayer on a raspberry pi running
without monior, keyboard , mouse and no xserver.

I figured out how to autologin and execute an script on boot.

cmus starts but still needs an [ENTER] to start playing.

For installing and setting up i still have monitor and keyboard
connected but later it should work "naked"

i tried " echo -ne '\n' | cmus "
but monitor flickers very much and i think something is not ok
this way.
also tried "cmus --listen [url]

and "cmus" followed by "cmus-remote --play"

nothing fits my needs

How can i start cmus in script so it immediately starts playing ?

thank you
wally
Jason Woofenden
2012-11-17 16:19:00 UTC

I think cmus-remote --play might work if you waited a little while
for cmus to load (at least some of) the library.

Also, the resume feature might work well for you:

:set resume=true

Then if you quit cmus while it's playing, and start it up again,
it'll continue playing from where it left off.

- Jason
wally
2012-11-17 16:56:04 UTC
Jason,
Post by Jason Woofenden
:set resume=true
works perfect, thank you !
wally
Post by Jason Woofenden
Hi,
I think cmus-remote --play might work if you waited a little while
for cmus to load (at least some of) the library.
:set resume=true
Then if you quit cmus while it's playing, and start it up again,
it'll continue playing from where it left off.
- Jason
-- Monitor your physical, virtual and cloud infrastructure from a single web
console. Get in-depth insight into apps, servers, databases, vmware, SAP,
cloud infrastructure, etc. Download 30-day Free Trial.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/zoho_dev2dev_nov