Network Play
Storm Dragon
2011-09-07 04:20:54 UTC
Is it possible to use cmus to play files from a second computer? If not,
I would like make this feature request. My music files are on my main
computer, I would like to be able to have cmus play the files from my
computer but the actual program is installed on my netbook. I like to
connect the netbook to the sterio, it sounds really awesome. I then ssh
into it from my main computer and control it remotely, skip songs,
adjust volume, what ever. I have quite a bit of music or I would just
put it all on the netbook and do it that way. I guess that's still an
option if I can't play files located on another machine.
thanks
Storm
--
Vinux Publicity Coordinator: http://www.vinuxproject.org/
Registered Linux user number 508465: http://counter.li.org/
Paradise Lost
Nikita Melnikov
2011-09-07 07:22:32 UTC
Post by Storm Dragon
Hi,
Is it possible to use cmus to play files from a second computer? If not,
I would like make this feature request. My music files are on my main
computer, I would like to be able to have cmus play the files from my
computer but the actual program is installed on my netbook. I like to
connect the netbook to the sterio, it sounds really awesome. I then ssh
into it from my main computer and control it remotely, skip songs,
adjust volume, what ever. I have quite a bit of music or I would just
put it all on the netbook and do it that way. I guess that's still an
option if I can't play files located on another machine.
thanks
Storm
Of course you can do that.
Samba, NFS, sshfs (fuse) are there for your pleasure :)
Post by Storm Dragon
--
Vinux Publicity Coordinator: http://www.vinuxproject.org/
Registered Linux user number 508465: http://counter.li.org/
My blog, Thoughts of a Dragon: http://www.stormdragon.us/
How many Internet mail list subscribers does it take to change a lightbulb? http://goo.gl/eO4PJ
"Pray nightfall release me, then I could wander to deep sleep."
Paradise Lost
Using storage to extend the benefits of virtualization and iSCSI
Virtualization increases hardware utilization and delivers a new level of
agility. Learn what those decisions are and how to modernize your storage
and backup environments for virtualization.
http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfnl/114/51434361/
Nikita Melnikov
Storm Dragon
2011-09-07 07:37:21 UTC
Awesome, I knew it should be easy to do, I just didn't know what to look
for.
Thanks
Storm
--