cmus doesn't seem to do something after executing ":add ~/music/"
Max Ludwig
2011-04-27 19:37:32 UTC

i use cmus 2.4.0 and it's an awesome piece of software (that has to be
said :P).

But here is my problem: as already written in the subject, i run ":add
~/music/" in cmus but it doesn't seem to do anything. I even tabbed to
be sure that there is no typo. I used previous versions of cmus before
and somehow i got it working for them.

My music library hast about 1500 files and takes about 7GB. I run cmus
on this plug computer using a usb sound card:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SheevaPlug .. maybe I'm just impatient but
I want to know if there is something happening or not, and if not why.

I hope you can help me. Thanks in advance.

Max
Max Ludwig

Max
Gregory Petrosyan
2011-04-27 19:44:04 UTC
Hi Max,
Post by Max Ludwig
i use cmus 2.4.0 and it's an awesome piece of software (that has to be
said :P).
Thanks!
Post by Max Ludwig
But here is my problem: as already written in the subject, i run ":add
~/music/" in cmus but it doesn't seem to do anything. I even tabbed to
be sure that there is no typo. I used previous versions of cmus before
and somehow i got it working for them.
My music library hast about 1500 files and takes about 7GB. I run cmus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SheevaPlug .. maybe I'm just impatient but
I want to know if there is something happening or not, and if not why.
Hm, after upgrading to 2.4.0 your music should be re-indexed automatically.

Can you please run "cmus --plugins" and make sure that you have all
the necessary plugins installed?

If they are present, can you "mv ~/.cmus ~/.cmus_", and try adding
your music again?

                Gregory
Max Ludwig
2011-04-27 21:01:32 UTC
Thanks for that *really* fast answer :P
Post by Gregory Petrosyan
Hi Max,
[...]
Can you please run "cmus --plugins" and make sure that you have all
the necessary plugins installed?
[...]
Gregory
That was it. Problem solved. I forgot to compile it with these audio
libs, sorry. Won't happen next time.