Feature Request
gt
2010-06-13 14:05:22 UTC
Hello List,

I am a long time user of cmus, and it the only console audio player which
fits my needs. Though there is a feature that i wish could be added to cmus.

I feel there should be an option to make the current song be automatically
selected. The type of behaviour that is exhibited with the key 'i:
win-sel-cur'. I have to manually keep using 'i' all the time to bring into
focus the current song being played.

If it's possible and not much of a bother, could the devs please add this
feature.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.
Jason Woofenden
2010-06-14 18:43:57 UTC
Post by gt
Hello List,
I am a long time user of cmus, and it the only console audio player
which fits my needs. Though there is a feature that i wish could be
added to cmus.
I feel there should be an option to make the current song be
automatically selected. The type of behaviour that is exhibited with the
key 'i: win-sel-cur'. I have to manually keep using 'i' all the time to
bring into focus the current song being played.
If it's possible and not much of a bother, could the devs please add
this feature.
The currently playing song is always displayed near the bottom of the
screen. That's enough for me, but here's a dirty trick to get almost
what you're asking for:

Make this cmus-win-sel-cur script:

#!/bin/sh
cmus-remote -C 'win-sel-cur' &

make it executable, and set it as your cmus status_display_program:

:set status_display_program=cmus-win-sel-cur

It's not perfect (for example, it also executes win-sel-cur when you
pause/unpause) but maybe it's good enough?

Take care, - Jason
gt
2010-06-15 03:13:20 UTC
Post by Jason Woofenden
screen. That's enough for me, but here's a dirty trick to get almost
#!/bin/sh
cmus-remote -C 'win-sel-cur' &
:set status_display_program=cmus-win-sel-cur
It's not perfect (for example, it also executes win-sel-cur when you
pause/unpause) but maybe it's good enough?
Take care, - Jason
Thanks a lot Jason, the script seems to work just fine :)

And, thanks also to Gregory, for forwarding me this mail.