cue support
Philipp Hartwig
2012-03-07 09:23:16 UTC
Hi all,

I've started to test the cue support recently and in general it works
perfectly! I'm really looking forward to seeing it in a release of cmus. Today
I've noticed one minor thing though: Whenever I call win-update to update my
library (bound to "u" by default) the entries corresponding to a flac+cue pair
disappear. Is there a reason for this behavior? If not it would be great if
this could be fixed.

Let me use this opportunity to heartily thank the developers of cmus for all
the work they've done. I've been using cmus for almost four years now (in fact
ever since I've switched from Windows to Linux), it has always served me
perfectly and still it manages to get better with every release (limiting
a.k.a. live-filtering is really a killer feature!). Thank you!

Regards,
Philipp
Gregory Petrosyan
2012-03-08 16:58:31 UTC
Hello!
Post by Philipp Hartwig
I've started to test the cue support recently and in general it works
perfectly! I'm really looking forward to seeing it in a release of cmus. Today
I've noticed one minor thing though: Whenever I call win-update to update my
library (bound to "u" by default) the entries corresponding to a flac+cue pair
disappear. Is there a reason for this behavior? If not it would be great if
this could be fixed.
Thanks a lot for the report — this is definitely not intended behaviour, and
I'll try to fix it before the next cmus release.
Post by Philipp Hartwig
Let me use this opportunity to heartily thank the developers of cmus for all
the work they've done. I've been using cmus for almost four years now (in fact
ever since I've switched from Windows to Linux), it has always served me
perfectly and still it manages to get better with every release (limiting
a.k.a. live-filtering is really a killer feature!). Thank you!
This is very pleasant to hear (although I can take almost no credit for making
cmus as good as it is). Thanks a lot for the kind words — you are welcome :-)

Gregory