Bash Script
Colonel Graff
2011-08-04 04:03:35 UTC
Hey all,

I thought I'd submit a quick and somewhat dirty (by my standards) bash
script that will probably come as a relief to wmii users using the stock
status bar and cmus.

It also allows for one to map keyboard shortcuts to different actions
(amarok-like keybindings in my case). One could also do something like:

while /bin/true ; do
cmus_remote.sh -Q all
sleep 5
done

If they wanted to have it update every five seconds in a terminal. The
script also starts up cmus in a screen session if it's passed the start
option. Sure the script is kind of all over the place in it's usefulness but
it's what I threw together as a quick workaround. I also attached a
screenshot of it working on the stock wmii status bar and in a terminal with
the above example.
Johannes Weißl
2011-08-28 21:54:01 UTC
Hi Colonel,
Post by Colonel Graff
I thought I'd submit a quick and somewhat dirty (by my standards) bash
script that will probably come as a relief to wmii users using the stock
status bar and cmus.
Thanks for contributing this! It seems there aren't any wmii users on
this list (I use openbox), but I'm sure there are many out there!
It would be great if you could add this to the cmus wiki, so it is more
visible for these users:

http://cmus.sourceforge.net/wiki/doku.php?id=remote_control

Sorry for the late reply,
Johannes
Colonel Graff
2011-08-29 14:49:08 UTC
It could be used with conky as well (one of the exec calls) so it isn't wmii
exclusive. I'll add it when Irene's effects on my area's power system are
over. And don't worry about the late reply, I've had to take a but to reply
to people about my own projects. Cmus is great BTW.
Post by Johannes Weißl
Hi Colonel,
Johannes
a.l.e
2011-08-29 17:20:35 UTC
hi
Post by Johannes Weißl
Post by Colonel Graff
I thought I'd submit a quick and somewhat dirty (by my standards)
bash script that will probably come as a relief to wmii users using
the stock status bar and cmus.
Thanks for contributing this! It seems there aren't any wmii users on
this list (I use openbox)
one! :-)

but i don't show cmus infos in the status bar and i don't skin
anything...

ciao
a.l.e