Feature request: Tags in browser view
voltaic
2010-07-15 05:10:55 UTC
Hello,

I think it would be useful to read and display the tags of all audio
files in the working directory in the browser view. This could be made
an option that the user toggles.

The way I see this being helpful is if certain directories contain
files that are named in an undescriptive way then there is no way of
knowing what the files are without adding them to the queue (or
playlist/library). This often happens with podcasts. Podcasts are
named sequentially or randomly but they contain proper tags. It is
difficult to find the podcast I want in a given directory without a
lot of guess-and-check or without adding all of them to the queue.
Since I don't keep podcasts around forever, I don't want to add them
to my library. If I could see the tags associated with the files in
the browser view then I would know which ones to play or add to my
queue.

What do you all think? Does anyone else feel like it would be a useful
addition to cmus?

-v
a.l.e
2010-07-15 06:01:07 UTC
hi
Post by voltaic
[...]
since i exclusively use the browser view and the best part of it, is its
responsivness, i guess i should be critical to any proposition to make
it more clumsy...

and the way i'm solving the problem you're facing is to automatically
rename the files based on their tags...

ciao
a.l.e