cue-sheets support
Сергей Сарбаш
2011-10-28 21:39:24 UTC
Hello, All.

It would be great, if there will be an ability to optionally set
charset for *.cue-file, like for id3v1-tags.
In Russia, there are a mess and a vacillation with encodings in
cue-files. For ex. I have a classical album with a cue-sheet has had
encoded into win-1251 charset. Particularly, it is a usual situation
for torrents (a lot of them encoded into cp1251).

What do you think about it?
--
Truly yours,
Sergey Sarbash.
Gregory Petrosyan
2011-10-31 12:50:17 UTC
Post by Сергей Сарбаш
Hello, All.
Hi! Please consider subscribing to the list, since only subscribers
can post (for this message an exception was made)!
Post by Сергей Сарбаш
It would be great, if there will be an ability to optionally set
charset for *.cue-file, like for id3v1-tags.
In Russia, there are a mess and a vacillation with encodings in
cue-files. For ex. I have a classical album with a cue-sheet has had
encoded into win-1251 charset. Particularly, it is a usual situation
for torrents (a lot of them encoded into cp1251).
What do you think about it?
I'll try to implement it when I'll have some free time. It should be
easy, but libcue which is used to parse CUE files is a very broken
library, so it may introduce unnecessary problems.

                Gregory