cmus-remote query
Sven
2012-07-06 12:58:26 UTC

When playing an internet radio stream, some streams show the currently
playing song at the bottom of cmus. I was wondering if it's possible to
query this with cmus-remote somehow? It's not artist or title.

I have a script that shows the currently playing song and artist in
conky, but for a stream the artist is blank and the title is the
stream's name.

Thanks
./Sven
yawfle
2012-07-07 20:39:26 UTC
Post by Sven
When playing an internet radio stream, some streams show the currently
playing song at the bottom of cmus. I was wondering if it's possible to
query this with cmus-remote somehow? It's not artist or title.
I couldn't find a way to obtain the embedded titles using cmus-remote, but I found that the correct information *is* sent to status_display_program, so maybe you could use that route instead?
yawfle
Gregory Petrosyan
2012-07-08 07:55:53 UTC
Post by Sven
When playing an internet radio stream, some streams show the currently
playing song at the bottom of cmus. I was wondering if it's possible to
query this with cmus-remote somehow? It's not artist or title.
I have a script that shows the currently playing song and artist in
conky, but for a stream the artist is blank and the title is the
stream's name.
Internet radio stations in general are not very good at using the
right tags, unfortunately. If status_display_program is not working
for you (is it?), you can try using "cmus-remote -Q", which should
dump everything cmus knows about current track.

Gregory
Sven
2012-07-09 08:52:00 UTC
Post by Gregory Petrosyan
Internet radio stations in general are not very good at using the
right tags, unfortunately. If status_display_program is not working
for you (is it?), you can try using "cmus-remote -Q", which should
dump everything cmus knows about current track.
That does show the track and I can make use of that with some clever
parsing.

Excellent. Thanks!
--
./Sven