jack ouput plugin
Niko Efthymiou
2014-03-26 20:37:10 UTC
Hi everybody,

after being annoyed for some time now, that cmus didn't support jackd, I
decided to code a jack op. After two afternoons of coding, it plays any
file I tested so far nicely, as long as input is in the expected format
one (16bit signed litle-endian 44100).

Please note, this is far from finished. You need to start jack with
44100 sampling rate and at least two physical outputs.

You can get the code here:

https://github.com/nefthy/cmus-jack/

in the jack-plugin branch.

Have fun.

Greets Niko
Gregory Petrosyan
2014-03-27 09:26:36 UTC
Post by Niko Efthymiou
after being annoyed for some time now, that cmus didn't support jackd, I
decided to code a jack op. After two afternoons of coding, it plays any
file I tested so far nicely, as long as input is in the expected format
one (16bit signed litle-endian 44100).
That is great to hear, thank you for your work! Jack OP was a
frequently requested feature, good to see solid progress in this
direction.
Post by Niko Efthymiou
Please note, this is far from finished. You need to start jack with
44100 sampling rate and at least two physical outputs.
https://github.com/nefthy/cmus-jack/
in the jack-plugin branch.
When you'll consider your code finished, feel free to submit a pull request.

Gregory
Niko Efthymiou
2014-04-02 16:04:41 UTC
Hi all,

the Jack OP is in the git repository. Please, take some time to test, if
you have a working jack setup.

Thanks,

Niko