cmus-remote - playing from a playlist
Peter G
2014-01-08 01:14:58 UTC
Hi:

sometimes i want to use cmus with a mouse, and do this through my window
manager and cmus-remote. I find one problem however, that can't get around.

Suppose I am in view 3 (playlist) and am playing a song. If now I want to
create a new playlist from some music directory, and then play it right
away, from the command line i do:

cmus-remote -c /my/path/to/music/dir/
sleep 0.7 #I have to do this if the directory has lots of files
cmus-remote -n

this works fine, and the first song in my the directory
/my/path/to/music/dir/ will play.

BUT if I am in the library view playing a song (or even not, but still in
view 1), then doing

cmus-remote -c /my/path/to/music/dir/
cmus-remote -n

will add the directory contents to a playlist, but will play the next song
from the library (view 1) and NOT from the playlist.

I have tried various things like
cmus-remote -C "view 3"
or
cmus-remote -P -n
etc..
to tell cmus i want to play the next song from the newly created playlist,
but can't get things to work.

any ideas?
I am using the standard version that comes with ubuntu 12.04:
cmus v2.4.3
Copyright 2004-2006 Timo Hirvonen
Copyright 2008-2011 Various Authors

THANKS to all those who contributed to this great software!
Peter G
2014-01-08 01:17:45 UTC
I should have mentioned that in order for things to work i have to manually
(i.e. through the cmus interface) switch to the playlist view, play a song,
and only then adding and playing new playlists/directories through
cmus-remote, as outlined below, will work.
Peter G
2014-01-08 02:29:52 UTC
aghh.. so it looks like doing

cmus-remote -C "set play_library=false"

does the trick for me!.. consider this issue closed.