AAC Stream Meta Data
Justin R
2013-09-25 05:22:32 UTC
Streaming meta data displays in the cmus window, but not in the remote.
I'm not sure where to start:

cmus-remote -Q
status playing
file http://de.scenemusic.net/necta128.aac
duration -1
position 57
tag title Nectarine Demoscene Radio
tag genre scenemusic
tag comment http://www.scenemusic.net/
set aaa_mode all
set continue true
set play_library false
set play_sorted true
set replaygain disabled
set replaygain_limit true
set replaygain_preamp 6.000000
set repeat true
set repeat_current false
set shuffle true
set softvol true
set vol_left 70
set vol_right 70

Also, unrelated: cmus seems to ignore files with oga and ogx extension,
only seeking ogg files.
Jason Woofenden
2013-09-25 06:04:44 UTC
Post by Justin R
Streaming meta data displays in the cmus window, but not in the
cmus-remote -Q
status playing
file http://de.scenemusic.net/necta128.aac
duration -1
position 57
tag title Nectarine Demoscene Radio
tag genre scenemusic
tag comment http://www.scenemusic.net/
What meta data are you wanting to see? Looks like it's showing the
title, genre and comment just fine.

I hope someone else will look into the ogg file extensions.
Jason
Justin R
2013-09-26 02:47:16 UTC
cmus shows the current, up-to-track info. I have it configured as such:
set format_current=%a - %t - %l - %3n (%{bitrate}Kbps, %y, %d, %g)
e.g. - Traven - Magnetis: Coop - - (Kbps, , scenemusic)

However, cmus-remote always shows:
tag title Nectarine Demoscene Radio
tag genre scenemusic
tag comment http://www.scenemusic.net/

I'm quite sure cmus-remote is fetching the wrong information when streaming
AAC format.
Post by Jason Woofenden
Post by Justin R
Streaming meta data displays in the cmus window, but not in the
cmus-remote -Q
status playing
file http://de.scenemusic.net/necta128.aac
duration -1
position 57
tag title Nectarine Demoscene Radio
tag genre scenemusic
tag comment http://www.scenemusic.net/
What meta data are you wanting to see? Looks like it's showing the
title, genre and comment just fine.
I hope someone else will look into the ogg file extensions.
--
Jason
October Webinars: Code for Performance
Explore tips for MPI, OpenMP, advanced profiling, and more. Get the most
from
Jason Woofenden
2013-09-26 08:45:48 UTC
Post by Justin R
set format_current=%a - %t - %l - %3n (%{bitrate}Kbps, %y, %d, %g)
e.g. - Traven - Magnetis: Coop - - (Kbps, , scenemusic)
tag title Nectarine Demoscene Radio
tag genre scenemusic
tag comment http://www.scenemusic.net/
I'm quite sure cmus-remote is fetching the wrong information when
streaming AAC format.
Oh, looks like cmus-remote is showing the info on the station, and
cmus is showing the info on the track.

Anybody want to work on this?
Jason
Johannes Lange
2013-09-26 16:23:14 UTC
I had the same problem and solved it by using an own
"status_display_program"where I check if I play from file or from stream
(if [ -n "$_url" ]).
In the latter case the output is " Stream: $(cmus-remote -Q | grep title
| cut -d ' ' -f 3-)\n Title : $_title". Here the stream-name is fetched
from cmus-remote and $_title gives the track information (it's artist
AND track title).
Thus it's of the form

Stream: <MyRadioStation>
Title: <Artist> - <TrackTitle>

I hope that this will help you.

Cheers,
Johannes

Justin R
2013-09-26 19:55:27 UTC
I don't think that will help in this case. My cmus status script pulls all
relevant information when available in OGG streams, but when streaming AAC,
at least two tag fields are not properly populated in cmus-remote.

Compare these two screenshots.

OGG Loading Image...
AAC Loading Image...

Both are streaming from scenemusic.net, but the status information is
different in cmus-remote. The first is an OGG stream, and the second is an
AAC stream. (The second screenshot shows the cmus-remote -Q result of both
cases in order). Look at the "tag title" and "tag artist". The AAC stream
does not show artist, but it is correctly shown in cmus window itself.
Cmus is receiving the correct information from the stream (which can be
verified by looking at the website for the stream), but cmus-remote is not
getting the same information.
Hi,
Post by Jason Woofenden
Post by Justin R
Streaming meta data displays in the cmus window, but not in the
cmus-remote -Q
status playing
file http://de.scenemusic.net/necta128.aac
duration -1
position 57
tag title Nectarine Demoscene Radio
tag genre scenemusic
tag comment http://www.scenemusic.net/
What meta data are you wanting to see? Looks like it's showing the
title, genre and comment just fine.
I hope someone else will look into the ogg file extensions.
--
Jason
October Webinars: Code for Performance
October Webinars: Code for Performance
the latest Intel processors and coprocessors. See abstracts and register >http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=60133471&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
October Webinars: Code for Performance
Julian Orth
2013-09-27 05:32:45 UTC
This has already been fixed:

https://github.com/cmus/cmus/commit/fc61f5ae788d4767f45cdbc2a72d212a7b8a861a
OGG http://i.imgur.com/icBNK4G.png
AAC http://i.imgur.com/vNL4raG.png
Both are streaming from scenemusic.net, but the status information is
different in cmus-remote. The first is an OGG stream, and the second is an
AAC stream. (The second screenshot shows the cmus-remote -Q result of both
cases in order). Look at the "tag title" and "tag artist". The AAC stream
does not show artist, but it is correctly shown in cmus window itself. Cmus
is receiving the correct information from the stream (which can be verified
by looking at the website for the stream), but cmus-remote is not getting
the same information.
Hi,
Gregory Petrosyan
2013-10-02 19:12:31 UTC
Post by Justin R
Also, unrelated: cmus seems to ignore files with oga and ogx extension,
only seeking ogg files.
Fixed! Thanks for reporting.
https://github.com/cmus/cmus/commit/5ebfb1c25d6fd8dc6c726ba96ff2cce2dcae7e8c

Gregory