Suggestions
Yiska
2013-07-24 19:24:42 UTC
I have just started using C* and while I love it, I just wish that it had 2
extra features:

1. A shuffle feature for the play queue.
2. A means of starting playing after the play queue is done rather than
starting on my library/ artist/ album when its done. It could either be
implemented as an option that only shows up when there is at least one song
in the play queue, or it could always be selectable and if there is no song
in the play queue, would function as if Continue were off.

Thanks
Yiska
2013-07-25 02:51:45 UTC
Sorry. I meant "A means to *STOP* playing after the play..." because after
the play queue is done it just starts playing from my library/ playlist
whereas I'd like to be able to toggle it to stop after the last song of my
play queue has played.
yawfle

gt
2013-07-25 06:36:49 UTC
Post by yawfle
On an unrelated note, is there any chance that the maintainer of this list could configure it to prefix the subject lines with [cmus-devel] as is common with lists? It helps with sorting.
It has been discussed earlier (search in the arcives), and it was
decided not to use the "tag".
Marco
2013-07-25 09:23:36 UTC
Post by yawfle
On an unrelated note, is there any chance that the maintainer of
this list could configure it to prefix the subject lines with
[cmus-devel] as is common with lists?
Please, dear maintainer, refrain from doing that. It's a terrible
thing to do. When I'm in my cmus-devel mailing list folder I don't
want to have each and every single mail prefixed with cmus-devel and
have to configure my mail reader to strip this off again. It's a
hassle and a boring, annoying thing to do for each list.
Post by yawfle
It helps with sorting.
Simply use the List-Id header for sorting:

It works perfectly and doesn't litter my view with cruft.

just my 2¢

Marco
yawfle
2013-07-25 10:33:23 UTC
Fair enough. I'll update my way of doing things on my end.

Sorry for the noise.
Post by Marco
Post by yawfle
On an unrelated note, is there any chance that the maintainer of
this list could configure it to prefix the subject lines with
[cmus-devel] as is common with lists?
Please, dear maintainer, refrain from doing that. It's a terrible
thing to do. When I'm in my cmus-devel mailing list folder I don't
want to have each and every single mail prefixed with cmus-devel and
have to configure my mail reader to strip this off again. It's a
hassle and a boring, annoying thing to do for each list.
It helps with sorting.
Yiska
2013-07-25 03:01:59 UTC
Sorry. I meant "A means to *STOP* playing after ..." because after
play queue has played.
ale rimoldi
2013-07-25 07:22:29 UTC
hi yiska
Post by Yiska
1. A shuffle feature for the play queue.
there is a simple "macro" for it...

personally, it's also a feature, i would like to have, since all my
listening is queue based and from time to time i like to browse some
folders add cool songs and then listen to them in a random order (most
of my listening is one CD at a time, though...)

having it as an external macro -- sadly -- makes it "too hard" for my
occasional use.
as a proof -- if needed :-) -- i looked on my computer for the command
but could not find it. i know it's somewhere, no idea where.
google was a bit better than me and here is the page with the short
command:

http://cmus.sourceforge.net/wiki/doku.php?id=cmus_randomize_queue

q=$(cmus-remote -C "save -q -" | sort -R | sed "s/^/add -q /")
(echo "clear -q" ; echo "$q" ) | cmus-remote

no idea if it fits your needs.

and i hope it works. i have not tested it.
Post by Yiska
2. A means of starting playing after the play queue is done rather
than starting on my library/ artist/ album when its done. It could
either be implemented as an option that only shows up when there is
at least one song in the play queue, or it could always be selectable
and if there is no song in the play queue, would function as if
Continue were off.
if i understood correctly your request: i agree. after the queue has
been fully played, i don't want cmus to continue into the library.
but it's not a real problem for me, since all my listening is queue
based and my library is always empty (if i don't type random chars into
the wrong terminal).

ciao
a.l.e