failed to play .m4a
Songlin Li
2012-10-23 05:15:18 UTC
I installed cmus on Cygwin. flac, wav, ogg, and mp3 can all be played
smoothly. But cmus crashed immediately with .m4a. Here's the parameters I
used while compiling:

./configure prefix=/usr CONFIG_FFMPEG=n CONFIG_ALSA=n CONFIG_ROAR=n
CONFIG_OSS=n CONFIG_ARTS=n
"cmus --plugins" as follows:

Input Plugins: /usr/lib/cmus/ip
File Types: wv
MIME Types: audio/x-wavpack
Output Plugins: /usr/lib/cmus/op
pulse
waveout
ao
Is this related to libmp4v2 I installed? Should I compile and enable
ffmpeg to play .m4a?
Gregory Petrosyan
2012-11-07 05:37:53 UTC
Post by Songlin Li
./configure prefix=/usr CONFIG_FFMPEG=n CONFIG_ALSA=n CONFIG_ROAR=n
CONFIG_OSS=n CONFIG_ARTS=n
Is this related to libmp4v2 I installed? Should I compile and enable ffmpeg
to play .m4a?
Probably something is wrong with either libmp4v2 or faad — please make
sure your versions are compiled and installed properly. FFMPEG plugin
is an alternate way to play .m4a — you can try compiling it as well
(and omitting mp4 plugin).

Sorry for very delayed reply!

Gregory