Libroar for Ubuntu 10.04
Storm Dragon
2011-08-14 03:46:57 UTC
I got the latest Cmus from git and it calls for something called
libroar. I have searched an was unable to find anything about libroar
for Ubuntu 10.04. does anyone know if this package is available for
10.04 and if so how to get it?
thanks
Storm
--
Vinux Publicity Coordinator: http://www.vinuxproject.org/
Registered Linux user number 508465: http://counter.li.org/
DragonForce
Jason Woofenden
2011-08-14 16:50:42 UTC
Post by Storm Dragon
Hi,
I got the latest Cmus from git and it calls for something called
libroar. I have searched an was unable to find anything about libroar
for Ubuntu 10.04. does anyone know if this package is available for
10.04 and if so how to get it?
You don't need libroar. Cmus can use libroar to send audio output
to a roaraudio system, but since you don't know what it is, I'm
sure you don't have one. Ubuntu ships with the pulseaudio sound
system.

Just make sure you build with the pulseaudio plugin, and a plugin
that can read whatever file format(s) your music is in.

- Jason
Storm Dragon
2011-08-15 02:11:42 UTC
when I run ./configure it ends with an error because of libroar. Here's
part of the output:
checking for header <sys/soundcard.h>... yes
checking for header <sys/audioio.h>... no
checking for ROAR_LIBS (pkg-config)... no
*** Package libroar was not found in the pkg-config search path.
*** Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libroar.pc'
*** to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
*** No package 'libroar' found
Is there a way to tell ./configure not to use it?
Thanks
Storm
--
Vinux Publicity Coordinator: http://www.vinuxproject.org/
Registered Linux user number 508465: http://counter.li.org/
My blog, Thoughts of a Dragon: http://www.stormdragon.us/
How many Internet mail list subscribers does it take to change a lightbulb? http://goo.gl/eO4PJ
Get paid to read email: http://is.gd/feRiB
"gimme gimme shock treatment! I wanna wanna shock treatment!"
Ramones
I don't think that it necessarily *needs* libroar, does it? It just
needs it to play certain types of files, right?
AFAIK I didn't need anything called libroar whenever I installed cmus.
Post by Storm Dragon
Hi,
I got the latest Cmus from git and it calls for something called
libroar. I have searched an was unable to find anything about
libroar for Ubuntu 10.04. does anyone know if this package is
available for 10.04 and if so how to get it?
thanks
Storm
--
Vinux Publicity Coordinator: http://www.vinuxproject.org/
Registered Linux user number 508465: http://counter.li.org/
My blog, Thoughts of a Dragon: http://www.stormdragon.us/
How many Internet mail list subscribers does it take to change a lightbulb? http://goo.gl/eO4PJ
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/stormdragon2976
"The sound of evil laughter falls around the world tonight."
DragonForce
FREE DOWNLOAD - uberSVN with Social Coding for Subversion.
Subversion made easy with a complete admin console. Easy
to use, easy to manage, easy to install, easy to extend.
Get a Free download of the new open ALM Subversion platform now.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/wandisco-dev2dev
gt
2011-08-15 09:30:48 UTC
Post by Storm Dragon
Hi,
when I run ./configure it ends with an error because of libroar. Here's
checking for header <sys/soundcard.h>... yes
checking for header <sys/audioio.h>... no
checking for ROAR_LIBS (pkg-config)... no
*** Package libroar was not found in the pkg-config search path.
*** Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libroar.pc'
*** to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
*** No package 'libroar' found
Is there a way to tell ./configure not to use it?
Thanks
Storm
try

$ ./configure CONFIG_ROAR=n
Storm Dragon
2011-08-15 16:43:12 UTC
This did the trick.
Thanks
Storm
--
Vinux Publicity Coordinator: http://www.vinuxproject.org/
Registered Linux user number 508465: http://counter.li.org/
My blog, Thoughts of a Dragon: http://www.stormdragon.us/
How many Internet mail list subscribers does it take to change a lightbulb? http://goo.gl/eO4PJ
Need a safe and easy way to backup and share files? Try Dropbox: http://db.tt/jeY50HR
"Have you ever been alone at night, thought you heard footsteps behind, and turned around and no one's there? And as you quicken up your pace you'll find it hard to look again because you're sure that someone's there."
Iron Maiden
Post by gt
Hi,
$ ./configure CONFIG_ROAR=n
Gregory Petrosyan
2011-09-03 19:37:11 UTC
Post by Storm Dragon
checking for header <sys/soundcard.h>... yes
checking for header <sys/audioio.h>... no
checking for ROAR_LIBS (pkg-config)... no
*** Package libroar was not found in the pkg-config search path.
*** Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libroar.pc'
*** to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
*** No package 'libroar' found
Is there a way to tell ./configure not to use it?
It is not an error -- it is merely an information that cmus was unable
to find RoarAudio files on your system, and will not build the
corresponding optional output plugin. ./configure ends up normally:

checking for ROAR_LIBS (pkg-config)... no
*** Package libroar was not found in the pkg-config search path.
*** Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libroar.pc'
*** to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
*** No package 'libroar' found
checking for DISCID_LIBS (pkg-config)... -ldiscid
checking for DISCID_CFLAGS (pkg-config)...
updating config.mk

So you can just ignore these -- no need to "./configure
CONFIG_ROAR=n"; everything will build fine.

                Gregory