Timo
Paul van der Walt
2011-08-29 16:21:07 UTC
Hi all,

Completely irrelevant to cmus, but I found it interesting that during
reading up on tech news I stumbled onto what 'our Timo' is doing these
days. Sorry if anyone finds my post offensively uninteresting.

http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/archives/00002226.html
http://t2.fi/schedule/2011/#speech7

Cheers
Paul
Gregory Petrosyan
2011-08-29 16:32:20 UTC
Post by Paul van der Walt
Completely irrelevant to cmus, but I found it interesting that during
reading up on tech news I stumbled onto what 'our Timo' is doing these
days. Sorry if anyone finds my post offensively uninteresting.
http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/archives/00002226.html
http://t2.fi/schedule/2011/#speech7
Hm, are you sure it is really him? Timo Hirvonen appears to be quite a
popular name in Finland:

http://www.linkedin.com/search/fpsearch?fname=Timo&lname=Hirvonen

(in case you are not in the linkedin: Loading Image...)

                Gregory
Paul van der Walt
2011-08-29 16:35:16 UTC
Post by Gregory Petrosyan
Hm, are you sure it is really him? Timo Hirvonen appears to be quite a
Ah, good point, didn't realise. Probably it's not the right one
then :) Oh well, I found it an interesting read, nevertheless.
Johannes Weißl
2011-08-29 16:43:24 UTC
Post by Paul van der Walt
Completely irrelevant to cmus, but I found it interesting that during
reading up on tech news I stumbled onto what 'our Timo' is doing these
days. Sorry if anyone finds my post offensively uninteresting.
Not at all! I always wondered what happened to him, and tried to
research his whereabouts... but like Gregory said, the name is pretty
common, the only definitive thing I could find were some LKML mails
a few weeks after he posted the last time to this list.

It really hope he is well, but e.g. if I died tomorrow, how would anyone
of you know? Maybe someone who is on linkedin/twitter can contact the
f-secure Timo and ask if we was cmus maintainer...

Johannes
Johannes Weißl
2011-08-29 16:49:07 UTC
Post by Johannes Weißl
Not at all! I always wondered what happened to him, and tried to
research his whereabouts... but like Gregory said, the name is pretty
common, the only definitive thing I could find were some LKML mails
a few weeks after he posted the last time to this list.
Actually, the last post was a year after he discontinued cmus
development, in July 2009:
http://marc.info/?a=112791796400003

Johannes
Paul van der Walt
2011-08-29 16:55:29 UTC
Post by Johannes Weißl
It really hope he is well, but e.g. if I died tomorrow, how would anyone
of you know? Maybe someone who is on linkedin/twitter can contact the
f-secure Timo and ask if we was cmus maintainer...
Done :)

http://twitter.com/#!/tchwala/status/108220885839781888

Paul
Paul van der Walt
2011-08-29 22:25:13 UTC
He's not our man, I guess:
http://twitter.com/#!/TimoHirvonen/status/108247400551956480
gt
2011-08-31 00:56:41 UTC
Post by Paul van der Walt
http://twitter.com/#!/TimoHirvonen/status/108247400551956480
lol, really funny mix up there :D

Also, i thought that you knew him from his face, since his twitter
account has his photo. He must be wondering that cmus' Timo is quite a
popular man!

Also, it's interesting that no one on the list knows "our Timo" by his
face. No one has his mail id? Maybe someone should mail him to inquire
about his well being, and what he's doing these days.

PS: That fsecure blog post made an interesting read nevertheless.
gt
2011-08-31 08:28:33 UTC
gt
2011-08-31 14:28:51 UTC
Hey guys, i spent a few hours looking for Timo's whereabouts
and look what i found

https://github.com/tihirvon/dex

Looking at the email id and the commit timestamps, we can assume that he
is doing alive and well.
Gregory Petrosyan
2011-09-01 10:36:23 UTC
Post by gt
Hey guys, i spent a few hours looking for Timo's whereabouts
and look what i found
https://github.com/tihirvon/dex
Looking at the email id and the commit timestamps, we can assume that he
is doing alive and well.
Yeah, the email is the right one — and it definitely was used to try
to contact him in the past, with no success. Strange! Maybe for some
reason he just decided to move on...

                Gregory