How to disable call of status-display program when music is simply paused & resumed?
ConcreteVitamin
2012-04-28 11:16:05 UTC
Hi all,

I have done a brief look at the source codes but come up with nothing.
Gregory Petrosyan
2012-04-30 09:03:30 UTC
On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 3:16 PM, ConcreteVitamin
Post by ConcreteVitamin
Hi all,
I have done a brief look at the source codes but come up with nothing.
Indeed, cmus simply spawsn status display program each time player's
file/status/metadata changes.

Can you please tell what for do you want different behaviour?

       Gregory
ConcreteVitamin
2012-04-30 09:43:36 UTC
Thanks for replying.

Desired bahaviour: cmus calls the status display program only when a new
song is started being played (not started being played because of resuming).

Any hint on which files/places to look at will be much appreciated!

Gregory
Gregory Petrosyan
2012-04-30 13:03:49 UTC
On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 1:43 PM, ConcreteVitamin
Post by ConcreteVitamin
Desired bahaviour: cmus calls the status display program only when a new
song is started being played (not started being played because of resuming).
I think it can easily be done by writing a custom
and then calls «cmus-remote -Q» to check playback position, and only
calls «real» status_display_program is playback position is, say, less
than 3 seconds.

       Gregory
Jason Woofenden
2012-04-30 16:46:43 UTC
Post by Gregory Petrosyan
I think it can easily be done by writing a custom
and then calls «cmus-remote -Q» to check playback position, [...]
Should we extend the status_display_program args to include the
playback position?

- Jason
Johannes Weißl
2012-05-14 19:37:22 UTC
Hi Jason,
Post by Jason Woofenden
Post by Gregory Petrosyan
I think it can easily be done by writing a custom
and then calls «cmus-remote -Q» to check playback position, [...]
Should we extend the status_display_program args to include the
playback position?
I think this is a very good idea! Patch is welcome :-).

Johannes