TODO/Wishlist on the wiki?
Jason Woofenden
2011-04-23 18:58:50 UTC
What do you all think of moving our TODO file into the wiki (from
git) and also adding a Wishlist (or combining the two).

I think it would be helpful for new folks to get a list of things
that we don't support, and perhaps a hint as to which ones we're
likely to support.

Another advantage would be that we could mark which ones are being
worked on, and which ones have made it into git since the last
release.

Take care, - Jason
Johannes Weißl
2011-04-23 20:10:51 UTC
Hello Jason,
Post by Jason Woofenden
What do you all think of moving our TODO file into the wiki (from
git) and also adding a Wishlist (or combining the two).
I think it would be helpful for new folks to get a list of things
that we don't support, and perhaps a hint as to which ones we're
likely to support.
Another advantage would be that we could mark which ones are being
worked on, and which ones have made it into git since the last
release.
This is a perfect idea! The best thing would be to combine TODO /
Wishlist / Roadmap and remove the TODO file from the repository.
You are right, it is way too static there...

Johannes
gt
Excellent idea, especially from a user's point of view.
Johannes Weißl
2011-04-25 00:05:37 UTC
Post by gt
Post by Jason Woofenden
What do you all think of moving our TODO file into the wiki (from
git) and also adding a Wishlist (or combining the two).
I think it would be helpful for new folks to get a list of things
that we don't support, and perhaps a hint as to which ones we're
likely to support.
Another advantage would be that we could mark which ones are being
worked on, and which ones have made it into git since the last
release.
Excellent idea, especially from a user's point of view.
I've created a wiki page here:
http://cmus.sourceforge.net/wiki/doku.php?id=todo

Everybody is invited to add new items or remarks to existing items!

Johannes
Gregory Petrosyan
2011-04-25 14:41:20 UTC
Post by Johannes Weißl
Post by gt
Post by Jason Woofenden
What do you all think of moving our TODO file into the wiki (from
git) and also adding a Wishlist (or combining the two).
I think it would be helpful for new folks to get a list of things
that we don't support, and perhaps a hint as to which ones we're
likely to support.
Another advantage would be that we could mark which ones are being
worked on, and which ones have made it into git since the last
release.
Excellent idea, especially from a user's point of view.
http://cmus.sourceforge.net/wiki/doku.php?id=todo
Everybody is invited to add new items or remarks to existing items!
Yeah, totally! TODO file is gone now.

                Gregory