custom font
gt
2011-01-06 07:37:40 UTC
Hey folks, is there a way to override the default font for cmus, i.e.,
the terminal font. I am using "terminus" font for my terminal, but i
don't like it with cmus. If there is a way to use a different font for
cmus, please let me know.

Also, a very happy new year to everyone. May cmus gain more popularity
and features :)
Nikita Melnikov
2011-01-06 08:45:12 UTC
Post by gt
Hey folks, is there a way to override the default font for cmus, i.e.,
the terminal font. I am using "terminus" font for my terminal, but i
don't like it with cmus. If there is a way to use a different font for
cmus, please let me know.
I think you can set any font in your terminal and cmus has nothing to do
w/ rendering, as any cli program. Some terminal emulators can switch
font on the fly, or you can run cmus by calling it in terminal w/
another font selected. For example, i have this binded:
urxvt -ls -bg black -fg grey -fn \
-*-terminus-medium-r-normal-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-* -fb \
-*-terminus-medium-r-normal-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-* +sb -tn rxvt -e cmus
Post by gt
Also, a very happy new year to everyone. May cmus gain more popularity
and features :)
Agreed :D
Post by gt
without downtime or disruption
http://p.sf.net/sfu/oracle-sfdevnl
Nikita Melnikov
gt
2011-01-06 10:03:18 UTC
Post by Nikita Melnikov
I think you can set any font in your terminal and cmus has nothing to do
w/ rendering, as any cli program. Some terminal emulators can switch
font on the fly, or you can run cmus by calling it in terminal w/
urxvt -ls -bg black -fg grey -fn \
-*-terminus-medium-r-normal-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-* -fb \
-*-terminus-medium-r-normal-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-* +sb -tn rxvt -e cmus
Hmm.. i think using the font switch to override the default font seems like a
good idea. I'll try that.

thanks.