Year Field in Tree View
gt
2011-09-24 08:29:17 UTC
Hey guys,

I was thinking about the positioning of the year field in the tree view.
Wouldn't it be better if it's positioned next to the Album name.

Maybe something like:

------------------------------
Artist Track
Album1 (year) | 1.
Album2 (year) | 2.
... | ...
------------------------------

Currently the albums are sorted according to year (which is great), but we
have to expand each album to see the actual year. Having it next
to the album name will make it much more easier to look at the year.

What do you people think?
Vladimir Todorov
Gregory Petrosyan
2011-09-26 07:37:31 UTC
Post by gt
I was thinking about the positioning of the year field in the tree view.
Wouldn't it be better if it's positioned next to the Album name.
------------------------------
Artist Track
Album1 (year) | 1.
Album2 (year) | 2.
... | ...
------------------------------
Currently the albums are sorted according to year (which is great), but we
have to expand each album to see the actual year. Having it next
to the album name will make it much more easier to look at the year.
What do you people think?
This can be good for big windows and collections with proper tags, but it will
waste screen space in case of small terminal windows, and make less than ideal
collections look quite bad, I think.

Gregory
Vladimir Todorov

http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2dcopy1
gt
2011-09-26 11:28:41 UTC
Post by Gregory Petrosyan
This can be good for big windows and collections with proper tags, but it will
waste screen space in case of small terminal windows, and make less than ideal
collections look quite bad, I think.
Hmm.. I think you are right. In case of long album names too, it'll be
problamatic. I have a few of those, and their names get truncated, near
the vertical divider. If only the tree view was configurable..
Post by Gregory Petrosyan
Can it be configurable?
No, the tree view isn't configurable, it's hard coded.